Gaggia Gelatiera Giveaway & Caramel Ice Cream with Toasted Cinnamon Pecans! (CLOSED)
I think we are not too late to indulge in ice cream and sorbet at this time of the year as we are still officially in summer. The sun has decided to come out to play and hopefully it will remain like this. I always love to have home made ice cream and I believe a lot of you do too! I have a fantastic news to ALL the UK READERS that there is ONE UNIT of Gaggia Gelatiera Ice Cream Maker by Philips to be given away!
This summer, unwind and indulge in delicious quality ice-cream at home. Making your favourite dessert has never been easier (or more enjoyable) than with the Gelatiera ice-cream maker from premium Italian brand, Gaggia. Guaranteeing great tasting results every time, the Gelatiera prepares gelato in just thirty minutes – ideal for settling your taste buds quickly. Motorised paddles churn the ice-cream leaving it smooth and creamy, and give you a real, authentic Italian experience in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy exquisite ice-cream flavours from strawberry cheesecake to hazelnut as the Gelatiera perfectly balances a creamy consistency with the distinct classic taste of the finest Italian hand-made gelato. Ready to use in five minutes, the machine has a built in freezer so you don’t have to re-freeze the bowl and can leave the cooling system on until you are ready to enjoy.
The Gelatiera sits enviably in the home of modern kitchens and will quickly become one of your most loved possessions. Robustly built, the machine has the capacity to produce up to 600 grammes of ice-cream and also comes with an additional bowl meaning you can make multiple batches to keep everyone happy. Easy to operate and clean, you can also be reassured that you have minimum clean up afterwards.
With all this and more, the Gaggia Gelatiera provides an indulgent Italian experience like no other and delivers superior results time and time again. Whether you’re after an indulgent moment on your own, are entertaining at home or are looking for tasty and simple recipes for the kids, the Gelatiera is your ultimate kitchen companion.
To tempt you further, I have chosen one of the recipes, by Jo Pratt, caramel ice cream with toasted cinnamon pecans to share with you all! It does sound really delicious! Gaggia Gelatiera is retailed at £300.
TO WIN, please read the following instructions:
1) This giveaway is opened to all readers with a UK mailing address. The winner will be randomly chosen.
2) For a chance to win, leave a comment on this post.
3) For a second chance to win, tweet this post using the tweet button below, then leave a separate comment telling me you have done so.
4) For a third chance to win, please share this post on Facebook, then leave a separate comment telling me you have done so.
5) For a fourth chance to win, please like my Facebook then leave a separate comment telling me you have done so.
You have until 04 September 2011, Sunday, 23:59 BST. Good luck!
UPDATE (05/09/2011): I have randomly drawn the winner and I am happy to announce that Nisha is the lucky winner!! Congratulations!
Caramel Ice Cream with Toasted Cinnamon Pecans
For the ice-cream:
150g caster sugar
4 large egg yolks 200ml double cream large pinch of salt
For the Pecans:
1⁄2 egg white
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon pinch of salt
75g caster sugar
1. To make the ice-cream, place half of the sugar in a saucepan over a low heat, and gently heat until the sugar dissolves and turns to a deep golden colour. To ensure even colouring, swirl the pan a couple of times throughout. Once the sugar has caramelised, leave to cool for about 5 minutes before adding the milk. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring until the caramel dissolves into the milk.
2. Meanwhile, beat together the egg yolks, salt and remaining half of sugar until pale in colour. Stir in the caramel milk, then add the cream. Leave to cool completely before pouring into the ice-cream machine and churning for 30 minutes, until thick and frozen.
3. To make the pecans, pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan ovens/gas 6. Lightly whisk the egg white until it is frothy. Add the pecans, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Mix until the nuts are evenly coated before transferring to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread into a single layer, and bake for 8-10 minutes until they are crunchy. Cool for a few minutes before breaking any that have stuck together.
4. The pecans are now ready to scatter over the top of the finished ice-cream.