Cranberry, White Chocolate & Macadamia Cookies Recipe
It has been a hectic week. Sometimes, it makes me think why some people like to make other people’s life difficult. For me, I always try my best to avoid things that will affect me emotionally and mentally. As much as I want to avoid, I have learnt that we just have to go through this sort of situation in any phase of our lives. Arghhhh! Yes, but true. I have to move on, throw all the unhappy thoughts behind me.
Actually, this week has been a mixed bag of great and bad times. A few things that made me really excited. Well, I am probably a bit behind in the cinema scene. I just watched (better late than never) Avatar in 3D and thought it was great! Though the story line is simple but the special effect is just amazingly pretty, I have never seen anything like this before! Anyway, that was part of the highlights of the week.
Another thing was that I finally received a copy of The French Paper. The French Paper is an English newspaper that is sold in France to English speakers living, moving to or visiting France. For those that are following me on my Facebook, you probably know what I am talking about. Anyway, I am extremely lucky to be given a great opportunity to write an article about my experience over the years about France – French food, French people, and its culture; from my point of view. Besides, I have also been asked to feature 2 Asian recipes with French influence. I was ecstatic when Rachel from The French Paper approached me about writing up an article. As a perfectionist, I wanted to make sure that I put my 100% effort and the result is truly fulfilling and enriching. So, here’s the article. If you have got a few minutes to spare, please have a read. Let me know what you think! 🙂
Anyway, I guess, apart from those 2 existing things that I just told you guys, another thing is about cookies. Of course, how can I miss out not sharing good stuff like this. Just a few weeks ago, I tried one of the best cookies in the world! Not that there’s anything too special about these cookies, they are the normal sort of cookies. However, the combination of ingredients used in cookies are amazingly yummy!! They are my favourite ingredients in baking, so to speak. Three ingredients that may not sound very outstanding but the mix is just heavenly! I mean, the crunchiness and nuttiness of macadamia, slightly sweet and sour taste of cranberry; then, topped with the creaminess, milkiness and sweetness of the white chocolate!!! By just imaging this, don’t you feel like you want to reach for them?
Cranberry, White Chocolate & Macadamia Cookies
100g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
80g white chocolate
80g macadamia nuts, break into chunky pieces or halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Then add in vanilla extract and continue to beat until combined.
3. Add in egg. Then, fold in flour until the mixture forms a sort dough. Add in cranberry, white chocolate, and macadamia nuts. Mix well.
4. Dot heaped spoonfuls of the mixture over the lined baking parchment, leaving plenty of space in between them as they will spread out while baking.
5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are just turning golden brown.
6. Leave the cookies on the baking sheets to harden for a couple of minutes, then carefully lift up the baking parchment and transfer them to a wire cooling rack.